Block Bookings are a difficult one for us at WriteUpp. There is no specific or "best way" to handle them but here is our advice on a way that we think could work for you.
Say, for example, you have a patient that has pre-paid for a block of 5 sessions and would like to see you on a weekly basis. It's important that you can see how many of these appointments that the patient has attended, cancelled or has left to attend. To do this we would suggest the following:
- Create appointments called 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5 (or the amount that is corresponding to the amount that the patient has paid for!)
- Create two appointment statuses - "Paid Appt - Attended" and "Paid Appt - Cancelled"
- Book the appointments, in chronological order, as normal
- As the patient attends, or cancels, use your appointment statuses to update the appointment to reflect as such
- By taking this approach the Appointment tab of the client summary will end up looking something like this:
- From here you able to see clearly how many sessions the patient has attended and how many they have left. In this case, they attended 4/5 and cancelled one so they have one session remaining.
- To identify clients that are or have paid by a block booking you may also wish to add a tag to their record so that this appear on the face of the patient summary, as below:
- This also allows you to quickly see all clients that have paid via a Block Booking by going to Clients view, selecting the "By Tag" tab and then selecting "Block_Booking" in the tag drop-down
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.