- Addition of the Document Builder (Admin Only)
- Custom Assessment Gallery (Admin Only)
- Changes to the “Active Patient” indicator
- Changes to Account Details (Admin Only)
- Modifications to the Discharge Summary
- One-page Assessments
- Tagging on Patient Profile
- New Attachment Viewer
- Enhanced Attachment Descriptions
- CPR Number for Danish sites
- Drag and drop Appointment Dialogue
- “Read Only” for invoiced Appointments
- “Appointment Type” field extended (Admin Only)
- New text editor with Variables and Image Annotation Tool
- Enhanced “Learn More” links
- WriteUpp TV
Document Builder (Admin Only)
WriteUpp now gives administrators the option to create your own custom templates from which you can create documents and letters for your patient.
To create a Document Template:
- Click on your name in the top right of the screen, select “Settings” and click on the “Documents” tab
- Click “Create new Template” and you will be taken to the Document Template builder
- Give the Document Template a name and a description
- Enter any text you wish to appear in the document
- Select variables from the “Insert Variables” list by clicking on them (when documents are created, these will automatically infill with the relevant information i.e. Patient Name)
- Once you are done, just click Save.
- You will now be able to create a document based on that template for a patient
A number of pre-configured document templates are included with your instance of WriteUpp. You can modify these at any time by clicking on them in the “Documents” tab, or delete them by clicking on the “Delete” icon.
Custom Assessment Gallery (Admin Only)
WriteUpp now allows the administrator to build a custom list of Assessments for your team based on our central Assessment Pool.
To modify what appears in your Assessment Gallery:
- Click on your name in the top right of the screen, select “Settings” and click on the “Assessments” tab
- To add or remove Assessments, click “Edit Assessment list” and you will be presented with the list of available Assessment Templates
- You can filter these by Speciality or by Language, and see a Preview of any Assessment
- If you want an Assessment to appear in your Assessment Gallery, tick it, or untick it to remove it
If you require any additional Assessments that are not listed, you can submit an assessment request to us from this page.
Changes to the “Active Patient” indicator
When you change the active patient in the diary, the “Active Patient” indicator at the top right of the page now fades in and out for greater visibility.
Changes to Account Details (Admin Only)
The Account Details page has now been modified to allow the administrator to quickly and easily manage your subscription. The “Account Details” page is also available as a shortcut for administrators by clicking on your name in the top right of the page and selecting “Account Details”. Here you can see:
- The status of your subscription (Trial, Subscribed or Subscription Expired)
- For Trial accounts: Your trial end date
- For Paid accounts: Your billing cycle and next billing date
- The number of users currently on the system
- Your current or projected monthly price
and you can:
- Subscribe to a paid plan (if you are currently on a Trial) by moving the slider to select the number of users that you require and clicking “Subscribe”.
- Increase or decrease the number of users in a Paid Plan by moving the slider accordingly and clicking “Update Subscription”. Note: Changes will take effect from the next billing cycle.
- Unsubscribe from a Paid Plan by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” button. Note: When you have Unsubscribed, you will only have use of WriteUpp until the end of the current billing cycle.
Modifications to the Discharge Summary
Previously, patients were Discharged from WriteUpp by creating a “Discharge Summary” document that automatically closed the patient episode. We have made this process simpler and given you the opportunity to see a full summary of the episode without the need to create a document.
To Discharge a Patient
- Make sure you have the correct Active Patient, click on the “Create” button and select “Discharge”
- You will be taken to the “Create Discharge Summary” page, where you can see the number of appointments, assessments, notes and attachments in the episode
- If any appointments have not been invoiced, you can click “invoice these Appointments” not and you will be taken to the Billing section
- Once you are ready, click “Discharge”
- You will then be redirected to the Patient Summary, and your Active Patient indicator will turn black to indicate the patient has a closed episode
Based on user feedback, Assessments now run on to one long scrollable page instead of multiple pages. You have the option to “Save” the assessment at any point which will allow you to save the assessment and then continue working, or click “Save and Exit” which returns you to the Patient Snapshot.
Tagging on Patient Profile
You now have the option to create and add tags to a Patient's Profile for easy categorisation. To add tags, go to the Patient Profile and click "Edit details". In the "Tags" field, simply type the word that you want to associate with the patient (i.e. "Allergies) and hit the spacebar or return. Each word will form a discrete tag, and multiple tags can be added to a patient. Once complete, click "Save" and you will see these tags on the Patient Profile.
Once you have entered a tag for one patient, our autocomplete function means that it will be saved and available to add to other patients.
You can search for all patients tagged with a certain tag by typing it into the "Search for a patient and press enter" field at the top of the page.
New Attachment Viewer
A new Attachment Viewer has been added to enable you to view images and files attached to your patient's record. When viewing PDF's, you have the option to skip between pages and even jump to a specific page within the document. Files such as Microsoft Word and Excel files will download to your PC to be opened in their native application.
Enhanced Attachment Descriptions
Instead of the original file name, the Description given to an Attachment now appears in the Patient Snapshot and the “Attachments” tab of the Patient Summary. The Attachment Keyword now also appears in these views. If no Description is given to an attachment, the original file name will be used instead.
CPR Number for Danish sites
Sites which have their country set as “Denmark” now have an additional field for CPR number which replaces the National Health Number field of other sites. This information appears in the Patient Snapshot, and is also searchable in the “Search for a patient” toolbar.
Drag and Drop Appointment Dialogue
When you click on the Diary to book an appointment, the “Appointment Details” pop up now has drag-and-drop functionality so you can move it around the screen at your convenience. This dialogue also no longer extends outside of your browser window when resized, making it easier to use WriteUpp on smaller screen resolutions.
“Read Only” for invoiced Appointments
Once an Appointment has been invoiced for a patient, these are set to “Read Only” and cannot be edited or deleted.
“Appointment Type” field extended (Admin Only)
The number of characters available for administrators when creating the name of an Appointment Type has been extended to 64 characters.
New text editor with Variables and Image Annotation Tool
We have implemented a new text editor in the Notes and Documents which allows you to quickly and easily create beautifully formatted notes and letters. You have the option to format text, make it bold, italic or underlined, add bullet or numbered lists, insert images, tables and hyperlinks, align left, right, centre or justify your text. You also have the option to “Fullscreen” the editor when writing your notes.
In order to add Patient information into your Note or Document, click on the "Insert Variable..." button and the "Insert Variables" window will appear.
Click on a variable such as "Patient name" and the information will be automatically inputted in the document.
To annotate an image and insert it into your Note or Document, click on the "Insert Annotation..." button and the "Select image to annotate" window will open.
Click on the image you wish to annotate and the image will appear with a pallette. You can add lines, shapes and texts to the image. Once complete, click "Insert image" and the annotated image will appear in your notes.
Enhanced “Learn More” links
Many pages within WriteUpp have a “Learn More” link that gives you helpful hints and tips. We have replaced the large modal pop-ups that appear when you click these links with discrete pop-overs.
We’ve replaced the “Take the Tour” option with “WriteUpp TV”, a simple viewer that allows you to cycle through all of our short instructional videos in one place. To access this, click on “Help me!” in the top left-hand corner and select “WriteUpp TV”.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.