- Redesigned Patient Summary
- Third Parties in the Patient Summary
- Other Information in the Patient Summary
- IPA Phonetic Symbols in the Notes Editor
- Image Annotator added to Assessments
- Business Views Changes
- New Patients Views - Patients by Referrer and Tags
- New Finance Views - Outstanding and Paid Invoices
- New Activity View - Activity by Date
- Export to Excel on Lists
- File Download page for non-browser Attachment formats
- Support for New Zealand Dollars
- Keyboard Shortcuts on the Notes Editor
- Fixed header formatting toolbar on the Notes Editor
- Drop-down timepicker for Appointments and My Settings
- Increased characters on Mobile Phone field
- Enhanced view on Tablet devices
1. Redesigned Patient Summary
We’ve combined the “Snapshot” and “Profile” tabs in the Patient Summary into one very fluid page that gives you quick and easy access to all the information about your client in one place.
The "Profile" and "Snapshot" tabs have been combined into one "Patient" tab. All of the patient demographics now appear in sections which can be expanded or contracted, including:
- Key Information - The top section of the old Snapshot which includes the basic patient information
- Address Details - Includes Home Address and Other Address Details
- Demographics - Includes NHS Number, Referrer, Gender, Preferred Language etc.
- Third Parties - Allows you to add external bodies related to the patient (detailed after)
- External Links - Allows you to link to external sites and apps (i.e. VideoProfiling)
- Other Information - This is where you can add any other unstructured information or images you might want to add about the client i.e. "client prefers to be contacted after 6pm" (detailed after)
- Recent Activity - The bottom section of the old Snapshot which shows a stream of the most recent activity. The way that Appointments are represented has also been changed, as this now sorts on the "Create date" of the Appointment, as opposed to the date it is scheduled for. This therefore ensures that your most recent activity is at the top of the list
2. Third Parties in the Patient Summary
- Go to Settings
- Click on the "Third Parties" tab
- Click on the button
- Select the Third Party type from the "Type" drop-down list - you have the option of Insurer, School, GP, Specialist/Consultant, Care Worker or Equipment Supplier
- Fill out the Organisation and Contact Name (these are mandatory)
- Fill out any additional optional information i.e. Address, City, Postcode, Phone, Email, Website
- Click "Save"
- Go to the Patient Summary
- Expand the Third Parties section
- Click on "Edit..."
- Click on the "Select Third Party" button
- From the Third Parties screen, click "Select" in the row of any Third Party. You can filter by Type or Search for any Third Party
- You will be taken back to the Profile page to view all of the details for this party
- Once you are complete, click "Save"
3. Other Information in the Patient Summary
A section called "Other Information" has been added to the Patient Summary to allow you to add any additional free-text information or comments. To add this information:
- Go to the Patient Summary
- Expand the Other Information section
- Click on "Edit..."
- Type any additional information into the editor using all formatting options (you can also chose to insert any images)
- Click "Save"
- You will be taken back to the Patient Summary, and you can expand the Other Information section to see your comments
4. IPA Phonetic Symbols in the Notes Editor
WriteUpp users now have the ability to select from a list of IPA Phonetic Symbols which they can insert into their patient Notes.
To add IPA Phonetic Symbols to your Notes:
- Click on the "+Create" button and select "Note"
- From the Notes Editor Toolbar, click on the "Insert Phonetic Symbols..." icon
- The "Select Phonetic Symbols" dialogue will open
- Click on any of the symbols and they will appear in the text field (you can also type any additional characters that you require)
- Format any selected text from the top formatting toolbar with the following options: Bold, Italic, Underline, Superscript, Subscript, Remove Formatting, Undo
- Once you have selected and formatted your characters, click "Insert"
- The characters will now be placed into your Notes wherever the cursor sat in your Notes
- Complete your Note and click "Save"
5. Image Annotator added to Assessments
The WriteUpp Image Annotator from the Notes has now been added into the Assessments. Wherever you see an image within an Assessment, you can simply click on it to bring up the full range of formatting options.
To annotate an Image in an Assessment:
- Click on the "+Create" button and select "Assessment"
- Pick an Assessment from the Assessment Gallery
- Wherever you see an image, click on it and the image will pop-up in the "Annotate" window
- Annotate the image as required by clicking on the options in the formatting toolbar
- You can remove all annotations by clicking "Reset"
- Once you are complete, click "Ok"
- The image will be annotated, but you can click on it at any time to bring back up the "Annotate" window clear or modify these annotations
- Once you have completed the Assessment, click "Save and Exit"
6. Business Views Changes
The Business Views button in the top toolbar has had some changes to allow for added functionality. When you click on the button, the drop-down list now appears as follows:
- Patients: This has been renamed from "Recent Patients", and shows you your Recent Patients List, in addition to two new filters (by Referrer and Tag)
- Tasks: This is your Tasks list (unchanged from v1.4)
- Finance: This takes you to the Finance view (new - detailed after)
- Activity: This takes you to the Activity view (new - detailed after)
7. New Patients Views - Patients by Referrer and Tags
Two new tabs have been added to the Patients View to enable you to identify different patients quickly and easily. These are:
Patients by Referrer
This view allows you to see all patients by the "Referrer" that has been recorded in their profile. To see all patients by a Referrer, simply select it from the "Referrer" drop-down field and the list of patients will auto-update. You can click on any patient to take you through to their Patient Summary. You can also click "Export to Excel" to download this list to Microsoft Excel file on your PC.
Patients by Tag
This view allows you to see all patients by the "Tags" that have been recorded in their profile. To see all patients by a Tag, simply select it from the "Tag" drop-down field and the list of patients will auto-update. You can click on any patient to take you through to their Patient Summary. You can also click "Export to Excel" to download this list to Microsoft Excel file on your PC.
8. New Finance Views - Outstanding and Paid Invoices
A new "Finance" tab has been added to the Business Views which allows you to view a list of all of your Invoices, both paid and unpaid. This is separated into 2 tabs:
This view allows you to see all Invoices created for patients that are still at "Unpaid" status. You can click on any Invoice to take you through to view it in more detail, and here you can print, delete or mark an Invoice as "Paid". You can also click "Export to Excel" to download this list to Microsoft Excel file on your PC.
This view allows you to see all Invoices created for patients that are still at "Paid" status. You can click on any Invoice to take you through to view it in more detail. You can also click "Export to Excel" to download this list to Microsoft Excel file on your PC.
9. New Activity View - Activity by Date
The "Activity" tab allows you to view a list of all Appointments that have taken place along with individual and total costs for a set date range. You can select the dates to search From and To by clicking in the fields and selecting the date from the calendar, and the list will auto-update. Clicking on any row will take you through the Patient Summary. You can also click "Export to Excel" to download this list to Microsoft Excel file on your PC.
10. Export to Excel on Lists
Some lists within WriteUpp now have the ability to be exported into a Microsoft Excel file which is downloaded to your PC. Wherever you see an "Export to Excel" button, click it to begin the download. These appear in the Patients, Finance and Activity Views.
NOTE: You will need to have Microsoft Excel or a similar program on your PC to view this file. This option is disabled on tablet and smartphone devices.
11. File Download page for non-browser Attachment formats
For some Attachment formats, we have added a new File Download page that lets you view details or delete the file before downloading it. These pages will appear when attempting to view Attachments to the Patient Summary that cannot be viewed in the browser, such as Microsoft Word or Excel Documents.
To view the File Download page:
- Go to the Patient Summary
- Select the "Attachments" tab
- Select an Attachment
- If it cannot be viewed in the browser, you will be taken to the File Download page
- Here you can see the Attachment Type, Name and File Extension
- Click on the "Download" button to download the file, the back arrow to navigate back to Attachments, or the delete icon to delete the file
12. Support for New Zealand Dollars
Users of WriteUpp now have the option to set New Zealand Dollars as their currency. To do this:
- Go to Settings
- Select the "General" tab
- Select "NZ $" from the "Currency" drop-down list
- Click Save
13. Keyboard Shortcuts on the Notes Editor
At the bottom of the Notes Editor, we have added a "Keyboard Shortcuts" link. Hover over this and you will see a list of shortcuts that you can use to quickly and easily format your Notes.
NOTE: These will not appear when using WriteUpp on a smartphone or tablet.
14. Fixed header formatting toolbar on the Notes Editor
When typing up patient Notes, the top formatting toolbar now stays fixed to the top.
15. Drop-down timepicker for Appointments and My Settings
When booking an Appointment, we have now implemented a drop-down timepicker to easily enable you to pick the start and end times for your appointment. To get this drop-down to appear, click in the "From" or "To" fields. These also appear when selecting your working hours in the My Settings page.
16. Increased characters on Mobile Phone field
The number of characters in the Mobile Phone field on the Patient Summary has now been increased to allow you to enter a country code.
17. Enhanced view on Tablet devices
The view of WriteUpp on tablet devices has been improved to allow you to navigate quicker and easier. The size of the Notes and Documents editor window has been reduced to fit the screen, so you can create and save notes without the need to scroll. We have also increased the width of some pop-up dialogues to ensure that they are easier to use.
- Files with a 4 character file extension (i.e. document.docx) were unable to be uploaded to a record through the "Attachment" functionality. This has now been rectified to include both 3 and 4 character file extensions
- When trying to navigate away from the page when creating a new Task, you were previously unable to leave the page without saving. This has now been fixed, so you can leave the page if you decide not to create the Task
- Bullet points and numbered lists could not be viewed in the Notes Editor. This has now been fixed.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.