An expense can be anything that you wish to charge to a client. So it could be mileage if you do home visits or it could be a medical appliance if you actually sell items to your clients.
In this scenario we're logging an expense at the same time as you're creating the invoice.
To make it quick and easy for you to log expenses we've provided you with a mechanism to pre-define expenses (name, price etc) so that all you have to do when you log an expense is enter the quantity.
To find out more about defining expense items click here
Having set up an expense item, like Mileage, you can go ahead and raise your invoice as normal.
- Make sure you have the correct patient selected
- Click on +Create->Invoice
- Choose which appointments you want to invoice, if any
- Then click on "Add Expense" show below
- This will take you to the "Log An Expense" screen (shown below) where you can choose your pre-defined expense item in the "Use A Saved Template" dropdown. This will then populate the details of the expense (Name, ex VAT price per unit, VAT, Total Price) - see below
- Enter the quantity
- Click on the green save button
- The expense will now appear as a line item on the invoice
If its the first time you've used expenses and you haven't defined any expense items up-front all you need to do is specify the details of the expense and check "Save This As a Template". This will set this expense item up so that in future you can select it from the "Choose A Template " drop-down as before.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.