Whilst you may work regular hours/days occasionally you may wish to block out time for holidays, conferences, supervision etc.
The best way to do this is as follows:
- Go to Settings->Scheduling and go to the "Appointment Types" section
- Create an appointment type called something like "Unavailable" with the following attributes:
- You should set the default duration to correspond with your working hours. So for example, if you work 9-5pm, that is 8 hours or 480 minutes. The reason you should do this is you want to make sure that each full day you are "not available" is blocked. If you want to book a shorter period of time just adjust the duration when you block out the time in your diary.
- Having set up the appointment type all you need to do now is block out the time in your diary.
- If you want to block out one day just go to that day in the diary click at the start of the day, select the "Unavailable" appointment type, add a description like Holiday or Conference and click save.
- If you wanted to book out two weeks just click on the first day that you want to block out
- Then, in the edit appt panel that appears, click on "More Options..." - highlighted below:
- Then set Recurrence to "Daily" and specify the end date in the "Repeat Until" field. Then click "Save" and you should be good to go.
Doing this will mean the following:
- this time will be blocked out for availability searches
- you will have a record of "Unavailable" time that you can access by going to to the "Activity" business view and filtering on "Unavailable"
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.