This release (web v2.13.29) includes some improvements with Stripe error messages for declined payments and includes the introduction of automatic receipts that can be sent to your customers when they pay via Stripe. Here is what we've been up to:
Improved Stripe error message for declined payments
If a payment is declined via Stripe, more specific information will now be displayed to the user on the reason, rather than the previous "There was a problem connecting to the payment provider. Please try again.” Your clients will now be presented with one of the following messages:
- Your card has insufficient funds
- Your card was declined
Automatic receipts sent from Stripe
You can now configure your Stripe dashboard to send an automatic receipt to your clients when they have completed a successful payment. To enable the sending of receipts for successful payments, go your Stripe dashboard, then go to Settings → Emails, and select 'Email Customers about Successful payments":
The receipt that is sent to the customer will look like this:
- A confirmation of a recurring, multi resource appointment was not being sent. This has been fixed.
- If an invoice was emailed, the footer was being cut off. This has been fixed.
- When saving an invoice, if you "double clicked" a duplicate invoice was being created. This has been addressed.
- Following changes made to the WriteUpp marketing site, some older CalFeeds weren't updating. This has been addressed.
Need More Help?
We understand that not everything is black and white, so if you need some help, click "Submit A Request" ticket and one of our team will help you out as soon as possible.